Followers

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Emily's Baptism




We had Emily Baptised on Sunday, January 11, 2009. There is not a lot I can say about it, except it was pretty emotional for me. Emily was created within the bounds of love and wedlock and her birth was the answer to one of my most fervent prayers, so I was so happy to dedicate her to the Lord that made her possible. She looked absolutely adorable in her white gown and bonnet. After mass, we had a just a small little ceremony here at home where she received a few gifts to mark her special day.

Just a thought...as parents we celebrate every milestone our baby reaches. We are ecstatic when he/she rolls over, gets a new tooth or takes a first step. We rejoice when we receive good health reports at the never-ending checkups and we breath a sigh of relief when our babies make through their first little illnesses. Since I am not Catholic, before I never really understood the purpose of "Baptism parties"...but now I do. Since we celebrate every other element of our babies lives, why shouldn't we celebrate the beginning of our child's journey to know Christ? Answer- we should and I'm glad we did!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I love her baptism outfit. A friend and I have been looking for her little boy's baptism outfit - she said I was no help b/c I would just ohhhh and ahhhh over the girls stuff. I can't help it - the outfits for them are beautiful, and the bonnets!!! I agree... a wonderful reason to celebrate.