Followers

Sunday, October 26, 2008

2 month check up

Wow! I can't believe our little princess is already two months old! She had her two month check up on 10/21/08. She weighed 12.5lbs and was 22 3/8 inches long! She is growing like a weed! She is still eating about 6 ounces every 5 to 6 hours, which the Doctor said is a lot, but I say go with what works! My poor baby got 4 shots! When they put the first one in, her eyes got REAL big and then she just started wailing and didn't stop until about 10 minutes after they were through. But, she didn't develop a fever our anything afterwards, so that was a blessing. Dr. Joe said he was really pleased at how well she was progressing and how alert she was. He said that her early alertness showed she was going to be smart baby. Well, duh! We already knew we had a little genius on our hands! :) Last night she really slept through the night for the first time - she slept from 8:30pm to 5:30am which was AWESOME! I know that breastmilk is best, but if formula can knock her out for that long, I'm all for it! I still feel a little guilty that I wasn't able to breastfeed her, but I keep telling myself that it is not like I didn't try. I tried exclusively for about 2 weeks, but the poor little thing was starving to death. The breast may be best, but I really think I made the best choice for us.
Emily started smiling a couple of weeks ago and now smiles at everything. She thinks having her diaper changed is soooo funny and I actually got a little chuckle out of her the other morning. She is such a happy baby - espescially in the mornings! Whenever I am a little agitated that I have to get out of my warm bed at 5am, one little grin from her just melts my heart... I am still surprised at how in just two months, I have come to love this little person more than I ever knew it was possible to love anyone and I am just so excited to be able to watch her grow up. I just love being a Mommy!!

No comments: