Followers

Sunday, March 29, 2009

I Think It's Working!!!

Knock on wood...but I think our new system of putting Emily down to sleep may be working. We have been putting her in her crib awake and letting her put herself to sleep instead of rocking her. Friday night she cried for about 5 minutes, then went to sleep. During Saturday's naps and Saturday night she cried for about 10 minutes and then went to sleep. Her nap schedule today (Sunday) was a little out of whack because we were at a family birthday party, but we just put her in bed and she didn't cry at all! She just laid there awake for about 10 minutes and she was asleep when I just went in and checked. I really hopes this continues!!! It sounds silly, but I am pretty proud of myself! I set a parenting goal and accomplished it without caving into what was easiest!

Oh, we also took her to get her picture made with the Easter Bunny - I will post it later. The picture really didn't turn out too well because she was too busy trying to look up at the Easter Bunny to even worry about smiling for the camera!

No comments: