Followers

Sunday, May 17, 2009

1st Mother's Day!

Our first Mother's Day was pretty uneventful, but special just the same. Although I didn't get the blackened toast, burnt bacon and runny eggs served to me in bed like I am looking forward to someday, I was blissfully allowed to sleep as late as I liked. Unfortunately, I am so used to the Princess waking me every morning, I woke up at 6:30 anyhow. I tried to force myself to stay in bed longer and try to go back to sleep, but I could hear Emily giggling and playing in the next room so I figured playing with her is better than sleeping any old day! But...I did cash in my sleep late card for a nap card later in the day!!!
After we were up and about, we went to breakfast at Cracker Barrel and then to Mamaw and Granddaddy's to spend the day. There I received a card from Kerry and one from Emily. Kerry had held her hand to help her write her name in it... so cute! Inside the card was a gift certificate for a manicure, pedicure, facial and massage at Dazzle Day Spa, which I got to use this past Saturday - it was wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I couldn't have asked for a better first Mother's Day. Now I am just looking forward to Father's Day so Emily and I can honor Kerry for being the wonderful Daddy he is!!

No comments: