Followers

Thursday, July 17, 2008

1 CM!!!

We went to the Dr. this morning and found out I am 1cm dilated! Whoo-hoo!!!!! Now, I know this isn't much and I could stay at 1cm for a few weeks yet, but at least SOMETHING has happened! Every cm brings us a little closer to a baby! The Dr. also once again assured us that my big, swollen, cartoon looking feet are no cause for concern. Some wannabe M.D.'s out there (and you know who you are) have told me that they are going to take me off work, put me on bedrest, yada yada yada... Once again Dr. Grider said that as long as my blood pressure stays normal and my proteins are good, then I can pretty much do anything I want.

I really debated on whether or not to admit this, but maybe someone out there can offer me some reassurance... All of a sudden I have this overwhelming, horrible fear that something will be wrong with our baby. All of the tests I have had say everything is A-ok and I haven't been given the slightest cause for concern, but I just can't seem to shake it. Has any other Mom's out there experienced the same thing??

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I wanted to let you know how to subscribe to a blog and thought I knew... checked it out and I guess I don't know as much about blogs as I thought! Sorry, I'm no help. Emily's room is beautiful, all that pretty girl stuff. Feeling anxious about your baby girl's well being is a normal Mama thing. Complications and defects are not the norm - most problems are less than a 1% chance. Your baby is going to arrive one beautiful, healthy baby girl. Praying for you guys.

Rebecca said...

Thanks for the reassurance! At least I now know that I am not the only one that worries about these things! Thanks for making me feel better!! :)

Rebecca