Followers

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Yet another Dr. Appt

Had another Dr. appt today. Everything seems to be fine, but the Dr. I was supposed to see was stuck in the OR so I ended up seeing the nurse practitioner instead. She performed the strep culture and checked out some weird rash I have on my belly. It seems that there is something called the PUPPP rash that some women get during pregnancy, so she gave me a RX for some kind of cream to rub on to relieve the itching. And, boy, is the itching intense!!! Thank goodness I got some relief. I asked her if there was any way to tell how big Emily is and she told me that guessing a baby's size is kind of like trying to determine the sex of the baby by the speed of the heartbeat - pretty inaccurate. Oh,well. Just another surprise we have to look forward to.

While I still feel Emily move quite a bit (I was awakened this morning by a case of baby hiccups :), it seems like she is starting to slow down some. I guess she is starting to run out of room in there! As anxious as I am to get her born so I can finally formally meet her, it will be sad not to feel her wiggling around in there.

We went over to visit our friends Roy and Jennifer tonight, who are expecting a little boy about a week after our Emily is due. It was fun to sit around and compare pregnancy symptoms with each other and, of course, my husband the amateur photographer had to snap several pics of us two big-bellied beauties!! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, it will be over soon and Emily will make her grand entrance. And of course I will be there to see it. Lots of love!!!

T

Anonymous said...

Hey woman, I'm so glad to hear how wonderful your experience with pregnancy has been! I wish I could be there to spend time with you, but I guess this is going to have to do. Glad that you're both staying healthy and can't wait to meet Emily...even if it is only over the internet! Sending my love to all three of you!