Followers

Thursday, August 7, 2008

1st Trip to the Hospital

Yesterday I was feeling a little woozy and lightheaded, so I asked Tracy at work to take my bloodpressure. It was 150/85 which is pretty high for me since I normally have kind of low blood pressure. So, I called the Dr.'s office who told me I needed to come in to be seen. I called Kerry to come get me since I didn't think I should drive while I was so lightheaded. Once we arrived we saw one of the nurse practioners so said I was still dialated only 1cm, that my blood pressure was down to 140/70 and she wanted me hooked up to a fetal monitor there in the office for awhile. However, after she consulted with Dr. Grider about this, Dr. Grider made the decision to send me down to Labor and Delivery. I then spent the next four hours hooked up to a fetal monitor and a contraction monitor and I got some blood drawn. I believe they were concerned about preclampsia, so they taking all the necessary precautions. But the blood test came back normal, the fetal monitor showed Emily was doing wonderful and the contraction monitor, while it did show I was having contractions, it was not enough to justify keeping. So, home I went. Kind of a waste, but I guess it is better to be safe than sorry. This little episode did convince me, however, that I need to be through with work. I thought that just working half days this week would be no sweat, but I guess it was harder on me than I thought. Oh, well. I guess just resting up until the big day isn't such a bad idea after all!

No comments: