Followers

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Tomorrow is the BIG DAY!!!

Tomorrow we have to be at the hospital at 6am to have labor induced. A part of me is super excited, but another part is even more nervous!!! I know it is way too late to think about this now, but am I really going to be able to do this??? Maybe I show my naivety about the whole thing by being more worried about things like drawing blood, getting IV's, getting the epidural and getting a catheter than I am about the contractions. I know the whole experience is going to be painful, but I just hope it is not more pain than I am able to tolerate. My emotions are in such a turmoil, I really don't even know where to begin to sort them out. It still just seems surreal that in less than 24 hours (I know - if I'm lucky) I am going to be someone's mother. Kerry and I will have another human being totally dependant upon us for survival. I just really hope we are up to the challenge!!

Other than fear, I am seriously excited to meet this person that has been living inside of me. I wonder what she'll look like? Will she have blue eyes or brown? I wonder what her personality will be? Will she be seriously Type A like her mother, or will she be laid back and able to roll with the punches like her Daddy? I can just hardly wait to find out!!!

So, this will be my last post until we bring our baby Emily home from the hospital. Please keep us in your prayers!!!!!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Eric told me the news yesterday and how Ruby is going to lose her dentures if you don't hurry up, LOL. We've been thinking about you and Emily (Kerry too) today and pray all is going well.