Followers

Thursday, August 14, 2008

40 Weeks!!!!!!!!!

We have finally made it. We are officially at 40 weeks!! Whoo-hoo!! We went to the Dr. today and they performed the non-stress test, which just means the MA hooked me up to the fetal monitor again for about 30 minutes. The Dr. read the results and said that everything looked perfect. She checked me and found that I am just a teeny-weeny bit shy of 3cm. We went ahead and scheduled an induction date of Thursday, August 21, but she said she really expected me to go into labor on my own before then. However, this afternoon I think the "bloody show" occurred so I could very well go into labor tonight or tomorrow. I think I am ready. One minute I am and the next I am very scared. Oh, well. I guess this baby is coming whether I am ready for her or not. But, I think I have done everything I can to prepare for her. The nursery is all ready, we have taken all the classes, prepared our "birth plan", washed all her clothes and blankets in Dreft (OCD - yes, I know), bought plently of supplies and packed my bag and the diaper bag. The only left to do is wait. I know we still have one major mountain to cross (namely, Labor and Delivery!) but at least the finish line is in sight! Stay tuned!!!

No comments: